Self-Published Fiction & Memoir Authors: Win a Spot at the Morristown Festival of Books!
In celebration of the wealth of local talent, the Festival is delighted to announce our 2nd annual contest for self-published authors in Morris, Somerset and Union Counties!
MFOB features a diverse group of authors in conversations, panels, and presentations. We can’t wait to discover the self-published stars in our midst and welcome you to MFOB 2019
When evaluating submissions, we consider not only a book’s literary merit but also where it might fit in with the other work in the festival lineup
The contest winners (one fiction author, one memoir author) will be showcased at the Main Festival on Saturday, October 12, 2019 as presenting authors, promoted alongside our full author roster.
The authors’ books will also be made available for purchase and signing that day.
If you are interested in being considered to be a presenting author at the Festival, please follow these guidelines for submission:
- Entry must be published in print format (e-books are not eligible) and currently available for purchase.
- Original publication date must be between May 2016 – May 2019.
- One submission per author.
- No previously submitted books will be accepted.
- The submission must be an adult work of fiction or memoir.
- General non-fiction, YA, and children’s books are not eligible for this contest.
- The author must live or work in Morris, Somerset, or Union County.
- Entry must be postmarked or delivered by May 31, 2019.
Your submission must include:
- Legal address
- Current sales report
- 2 copies of your book, which will not be returned
- Proof of original publication date (between May 2016 – May 2019)
- Brief book synopsis
- Full contact information, including email and phone
Please submit all materials as noted above to:
MFOB Author Contest
1 Anderson Hill Road
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are unable to respond to individual requests. No phone calls
Winner will be contacted by a member of the Morristown Festival of Books no later than September 15, 2019.
If selected, you will need to provide 25 copies of your book to be sold at the Festival book tent.
Not Eligible to Participate
- Morristown Festival of Books board and committee members
- Owners and employees of The Bookworm Bookstore
- The panel of 2019 judges
Still have questions?
Send your email to: email@example.com. We will respond as quickly as we are able to.
Generously sponsored by: